Writing Update: Works in Progress

If you know me well, I write way too many manuscripts--all the time. So what have I worked on this past summer, my time to write more than the school year. Frankly, a lot went on and I wrote less. Not great things I wish to talk about but some hardships. I found myself at a place where I could not write. That never happens to me. I decided to take control of my life better and force a routine as that always helps my focus. Still, I managed to write and edit a lot, considering.

  • The Immortal Transcripts: Smolder or Glimmer? I don't like to plot my books, so I had no idea how long this series needed to be. I had a rough idea it might take me 5 books but random ideas that popped in my head working on book 4 sped up what needed to occur to reach an end. 60k of it is written, and I think it will wrap up nicely in 4. I do not see the point in milking it and pushing in more events merely to sell another book. Book 3, Shudder, by the way, will be out in February 2023. Books 1 and 2 can be found here. It's my hope that Glimmer will grace shelves in 2024.
  • Celestial Spheres Spin-offs:  Lyft and Water are two novels and each is about a third finished. Each novel takes a new Sapphirian character to another sphere. I've written the beginnings and the endings. I Honestly did this to prevent myself from turning each book into an entire series. I've been wanting to write stand-alones along with my series books, giving readers options. It looks like I can manage to keep both at a reasonable length. If you want to read the celestial Spheres trilogy that these novels spin-off from, check out my omnibus of all 3 books together (Fyr, Draca, and Bladesung). Currently, the publisher has Wundor which is Mary's side of the story told in an epistolary style of her diary, newspaper clippings, and letters. It's my hope you can get your hands on it in 2023.
  • The Oracle of Magnolia Manor: this is a side project, a novelette (a long short story) that has ghosts, an oracle, and a multi-layered love story set in the deep south. It will be a part of an anthology with local authors to merely sell as a marketing tool or perhaps proceeds I will donate to charity. There is still much to talk about. In May, I wrote it but awaiting other authors to send me their stories for edits. Publishing date: to be announced. 
  • I've also fluttered about with different projects. I revised a 2nd book and half a 3rd book in a series I'm working on based on Welsh faerie mythology with trickster faeries and their partly-human descendants. The 1st book is presently with beta readers overseas. I've also tinkered with 2 series I had shelved; recent events in politics and in my life, sparking a return to difficult topics to get my feelings out. I've made these two series/duologies (not sure yet) a part of my WIP list again. It is likely these two books will not be out for some time as I'm too eager to get the Welsh series in your hands and must finish the second half of it--as well as the above works completed.

As I move into fall, I'm more focused. My publisher gave me tentative publishing slots that have improved my desire and drive to write. There is something about having a deadline that helps me flourish. I'm hard at work on Glimmer and plan to finish it by the end of the year. Next year? I hope to finish my spinoffs by summer. We shall see.