Tales in Publishing: I'm on TikTok 😱

Yes, I have finally caved. I took the plunge. I am now on Tiktok. 

At first, I was--and kind of still am--a bit lost. What "good" content is and why some things with a lot of views are even entertaining. I am obsessed with cat videos, as always. I made a personal account because I wasn't interested in paying for ads yet or limiting myself in sound and music. 

My first two videos I uploaded book trailers. They have done the best so far. I played with some filter games which was fun. The most fun I had was thinking up ways to show off my books. So far, I have not done any talking videos. I'm not sure yet what I want to say and my child is consistently loud and loves the camera. I have gone through efforts to protect him, so do not want him online until he chooses to be. I'll have to carve out time when I can just be me without any distractions. This hesitancy is odd, since I did theater and used to love the limelight. Now, I feel stand-offish and worried how about how people will take videos. I'll get over it soon after watching some more--I hope.

So why did I join yet another social media site? My books are crossovers--upper YA and adult. I reach the adults through Facebook and Twitter, and some teens through Instagram. I want to reach a younger audience more effectively. And where are they? Tiktok. Perhaps, I will post again about it if I manage to get anything to go viral.

Please follow me on TikTok, and I'll follow back to see what cool things you're up to.