Writing Tips: Taking it down a notch

Recently, I've faced burnout. Not for writing. But for work. Life. Writing is my escape and way to de-stress daily. Lately, there are many times I don't get to write or read for weeks. Work and life are harder because Covid (and the educational gaps it created), but what is equally hard is marketing, book releases, newsletters, blogs, vendor events--being an author has become a second career for me. Speaking of that, I picked up a part-time summer job for money, exercise, and to NOT be on a screen all the time. I'm also a mom to a wonderful child I love to pieces, but at times he has high needs. So something has to give.

I decided that something will be blogs. Since my blog views have been down lately, I'm moving to a 2-week model rather than weekly. I'm taking it back a notch. I'll also drop to fewer reviews. I just can't squeeze in an entire book and review into a month, sadly. I have too many irons in the fire and a few need to be cut back before they end up disappearing completely. 


There's something we often don't do enough of: taking care of ourselves. I am notorious for putting others, particularly my kid, before me. This affects health and mental health. I might be cutting back online, but I am upping other things that help me be active and socialize: monthly book events, and a summer job that'll ensure lots of exercise, for example. 

So every two weeks I'll drop a blog. What kind of topics do you want to hear or learn about?