Author Feature:

    Meet the Author: Cassandra Lennox

Cassandra Lennox (maiden name Cassie Villano) was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.

At age 8, she decided she would be an author and wrote her first poem entitled "Try again, Miss Hen" about a determined mother hen and her child. That poem set her into motion and led to thousands more over the years, in addition to short stories, inspiring journals, quotes, a YA Novel, two inspirational books, and a children's book series.

She now runs "The Inspiration Chain," her freelance writing service that provides writing consultation, ghostwriting, and copy writing services.

Cassandra loves to write poems inspired by the styles of Dr. Seuss and traditional nursery rhymes and well as uplifting and heartfelt creations that provoke thought and bring smiles and inspiration, as well as helping others get their words out into the world.

Cassandra lives in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with her husband and four children, and loves family time, cooking, the ocean, travel, personal growth adventures, reading, dancing, board games, and finding new ways to unleash creativity.

Books:

Kid Lit

                               
Mama Kangaroo Nursery Rhymes for Modern Times is a complete reimagining of the traditional nursery rhymes and songs. This book contains 24 brand new rhymes inspired by the whimsical ideals and rhyme schemes of the classics but with sensible, happier themes for the children of today. Join Mama Kangaroo and her family, along with their human and animal friends as they help teach children important life values such as love and friendship through rhyming verse and colorful illustrations. This evolution in nursery rhymes is sure to delight at any age!

                             YA Lit                                 
                                  Sterling Secrets                                    



Inspirational Poetry
                             
                               Hey World, I’m Someone Too!                              
                                                    (by Cassie Villano, maiden name)                                                    



Interview:

What made you become a writer?

I wrote my first poem at 8 years old. When I re-read it, I realized that not only was the rhyming fun, but the feeling behind it gave me a sense of excitement, childlike wonder, and I felt as though my notebook and pen “understood me.” That led to many more poems, quotes and stories. Once I began sharing with others, I realized my words weren’t just about me. What developed into a love of writing later became a purpose, a need, a promise to do what it takes to get my words out and help others get theirs out as well. When you are really passionate about something, and you just KNOW, you find ways to incorporate it into your life and making something great. It’s a process, for sure. Yet I know with every ounce of my being that it’s a journey I am meant to be on!

I had a similar process at a young age! Now that you have multiple titles and are helping others make their words shine, what’s next for you?

I do plan on broadening my Mama Kangaroo series and have several stories written and ideas planned out to go along with the nursery rhymes, but right now I’m focusing on my first adult novel and building my writing business overall. 

I’m also feeling called to help others with their words, so I’m expanding on my freelance writing. I find it fulfilling and inspiring, not to mention fun. I’m a firm believer that we all have unique gifts, and when you can use yours to help others, and have a great time doing so, you’re truly living. 

Ah, such a nice sentiment, so let's share right now a tidbit for aspiring authors. What have you learned most through your publishing process?

Above all, lean in to others! Learn from friends who have gone through all the steps, do your research, take genuine advice, and don’t feel that you have to do it alone. When I started out, very few of my friends wrote or published, and it was a lonely road. My friends and family supported me, but they didn’t quite understand, which makes complete sense. Find a community that understands the journey and learn from them and show your support in return. You’ll find it’s a rewarding venture not just for yourself internally, or for those who love your works, but the friendships and community you gain along the way. It’s important to not solely focus on the outcomes but the journey as well!

Absolutely! There is a lot of conflicting advice out there that I have heard, but this is the one constant. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Where to find Cassandra:

Website & Blog

Children’s Books 

Facebook Kidlit

Facebook Inspirational