Author Feature: Rachel Homard




Author Feature: 

Rachel Homard


The debut novel:

Opposites attract at LA’s largest soup kitchen when a businesswoman falls in love with one of her patrons.

Savannah Carrington is too busy for romance. She has a soup kitchen to operate which, thankfully, helps her avoid her socialite mother’s attempts to marry her off to some L.A. millionaire. When a patron is attacked, she runs fearlessly down a dark alley to help. Saved by a man who emerges from the shadows, she wants to thank him but he’s disappeared.

Yosef “Joe” MacArthur, a Green Beret, has gone into hiding. Admiring Savannah from afar, he’ll never admit to his growing feelings for her and will stop at nothing to keep her safe. But the White House is making it hard, tearing apart L.A. to award him the highest military honor any soldier could receive. Joe has no time for that with Savannah still in danger. Hunted by the leader of a notorious drug ring Joe is faced with an impossible choice: save a city full of innocent civilians or save Savannah.

A most unlikely pairing, love shows no limits in this emotional, action-packed, heartfelt story.

Romance and danger ensue in Rachel Homard’s debut novel.                    

Buy here


The Author:
Rachel's vivid imagination and creativity made her six years of teaching elementary school even more fun. But when she and her husband had their awesome son, she decided to stay home and save her hugs for him. Between playing trains and being chased by a three-year-old T-Rex and his furry, four-legged sidekick, Rachel picked up a pen and began writing stories like she did when she was younger. Even at four, when she couldn't write by herself, she recruited her mom to transcribe them for her.

Rachel pairs relatable characters to storylines of romance and suspense, and she loves adding in military characters. She had a great appreciation for all the brave men and women fighting for our country and wants to acknowledge them, like her father, a retired US Army Green Beret. Rachel's first book, The Green Triangle, will be published in 2020, and she is already working on a sequel.


A triangle of questions:

What inspired you to write this story?
I wrote this story to honor our men and women in the armed forces, like my dad, a retired Green Beret. I wanted to shine a light on PTSD and the struggles our soldiers can face coming back home, but show that even in hard times, even when danger follows you home, no matter the circumstances, heroes are heroes. They step up. They protect. They sacrifice.

What made you become a writer?
I always loved to tell stories. Even before I could write them myself, I’d have my mom do it. I took a break for a while, but eventually, I had a story I just wanted to tell and had to try even though it was scary to put myself out there.

How has the querying process gone for you? 
Querying was unbelievable this first time around. I finished my book and days later went to a conference to pitch it. There, I hit it off with my agent and signed with her a week or so later. I know meeting her in person made all the difference in getting out of the “slush pile.” My agent just quit the business though, so things are starting back at square one. I’m currently preparing to query new agents. It’s scary!

*update! since this post Rachel has signed on with her new agent Stephanie Hansen with Metamorphosis Literary. Congratulations! 

Bonus question: Are you a plotter or pantser? 
Generally, I’m a pantser. When I try to plot, I just get in my head and can’t seem to get anything on paper. And, honestly, with my three-year-old running around all the time, there is no time to plot anyway!


Where to find Rachel:
Twitter 
Facebook 
Instagram
 Amazon